Caring for Your Tungsten Ring
Tungsten rings are noted for their extreme toughness and durability, and with minimal care yours can last indefinitely looking as good as new. Here are some tips to care for your tungsten ring:
• Avoid sharp blows to your tungsten ring. Tungsten carbide is ultra-durable but not indestructible, a sharp impact can shatter your ring. Care should also be taken not to drop the ring on to a hard surfect like concrete from a height
• Do not store your tungsten ring with diamond jewellery. Diamond is one of the only materials (besides tooling tungsten carbide itself)that can scratch a tungsten carbide ring.
• Avoid exposure to harsh chemicals, including ammonia and bleach. Residue from these chemicals can tarnish your ring.
• We strongly recommend you do not use an ultrasonic jewellery cleaner to clean your tungsten ring. If you must use such a device, do not leave your ring inside more than one minute.
• If your tungsten ring becomes stuck on your finger, first immerse your hand in ice cold water for at least one minute. Then dry your hand and apply petroleum jelly to your knuckles around the ring. Use a gentle rocking motion to remove.
Cleaning your tungsten ring
Few cleaning tasks are easier than your tungsten ring! Use a soft cloth to remove fingerprints. For more intensive cleaning, prepare a solution of water and a few drops of mild detergent. Moisten a soft cloth with the solution and scrub as needed. If your tungsten ring has grooves, cut outs or precious stones, you can scrub away accumulated dirt with a cotton swab. Rinse in warm water and dry completely.
If your ring has been exposed to extreme chemicals or cosmetics, it can tarnish over time. We recommend our Tungsten Cleaning Kit to keep your ring looking brand new for many years to come.
If you have any other questions regarding caring for your tungsten ring, please do not hesitate to ask.